After receiving the package, make sure that you are opening the box the correct way.
There is shipping labels and a warning sticker on the package.
Place the package on the floor and cut open the tape on top.
The package contains on top all the accessories, and below them, the printer.
Included in the box:
- Power supply
- Power cord
- Stylus Can be used to operate the touch screen more easily
- Hex key set
- Spatula set Used to remove printed parts and cleaning the build plate
- Two build plates
- Collect the accessories.
- Lift out the top cover foam.
Note about packaging:
Save the product packaging and protection foams in case of warranty services.
The printer frame packaging foam has cutouts carry handle holes , from where its possible to grab the machine and pull it out without pulling out the foam pieces.
It's recommended to have two people to help with lifting out as it weighs close to 30kg.
Red tap was placed for safe transportation. Remove the red tape.
- Slide arm head manually to the midlle.
- It's important to move armhead to the safe position before further process.
Connect your power plug on receptacle facing flat side toward the back of printer. Press the power switch to turn on the machine.
To turn off power, just press the switch in off-position. To remove the power plug make sure to pull it from the connector frame, not from wire (it has a strain relief safety lock).
To face nozzle up:
- Open lever
- Hold the printer head from middle and rotate the whole cylinder clockwise direction.
To face nozzle down:
- Hold the printer head from middle and rotate the whole cylinder anti-clockwise direction.
- Lock the lever
Congratulation, you have successfully install the printer, next step is to setup Wi-fi using the touchscreen.
MANU Easy Food 3D Printer 1.0 comes ready assembled and factory calibrated with Duet 2 Wifi Electronics board.
To be able to connect you need any PC, Mac or Linux computer with a web browser and a wifi network.
All communication is done inside Local Area Network. There is no connection to the wide area network (internet) so it is safe to use.
The printer works with .gcode files that are created with slicing software (Simplify3D) and sent to the printer via Wi-Fi connection.
First type in
M552 S0 and press ↵. Note: First time use only, required if the printer is already connected or is giving network error.
Next, type in the Wi-Fi network name and password as follows:
M587 S”Wi-Fi network name” P”Wi-Fi password” and press ↵.
If, for example, your Wi-Fi network name is XYZ and password is 12345, type in:
M587 S”XYZ” P”12345” and press ↵.
Finally type in and send
M552 S1 and press ↵. Wait for a moment while it connects to the network. The printer will then display its IP-address in the console.
If there was mistake while typing the network name, you can delete all the saved Wi-Fi networks with
M588 S”*” and pressing ↵ and starting from beginning again (note, it has to be sent when wi-fi is idle,
M500 and press ↵
This will save the changes that you've made.
First check that printer is connected successfully and note down the IP address given in the display. Make sure that the wi-fi name is correct and computer is connected to the same network.
The printer comes with wi-fi disabled (Wi-fi OFF) and without any known networks.
Check the IP address from screen and connect in the same wi-fi.
Go to System tab->
Browse and click other file named Config.g
Find the row M552
There is row
M552 in the beginning of the config.g document.
Change the row to
M552 S1 to have wi-fi enabled by default (Most Recommended).
M552 S0 to have wi-fi disabled by default
If you can't connect to Wi-fi, read the instructions on this page (opens in a new tab)
Now the printer is connected and ready to use.
Steps to follow:
- Clean your printer
- For refill
- For total cleaning
- Prepating your chocolate
- Filling food on printer
For both cleaning procedure follow 1, 2, 3, 4 steps:
- Open lever
- Remove bottom cover (Pull it toward outside, There is magnet connect)
- Rotate clockwise whole cylinder
- Open nozzle cap
If you have difficulties to remove nozzle cap, turn on your printer. Let your cylinder heat it up for 3 minutes.
After following 1, 2, 3, 4 steps:
- Clean nozzle cap and nozzle:
- Clean with hot water and brush
- Rinse with mildly warm water
- Wipe thoroughly and make it dry
- Use pressure air or leave it drying for at least 10 minutes before putting in to machine (make sure it is dry)
- Wipe cylinder opening area with dry towel
Nozzle hole should be absolute clean and has to be opened either mechanically with brush or with pressure air to remove all remains of chocolate from nozzle walls.
After following 1, 2, 3, 4 steps:
- Push the piston out. Click on extruder on screen untill piston is out of cylinder.
- Remove piston silicon cap and disconnect heater wire. Unscrew thumb screw and pull up heater.
- Heater should stay dry and should not touch water.
- Rotate the cylinder and remove it.
- Clean nozzle cap, nozzle, piston silicon cap and cylinder
- Clean with hot water and brush.
- Rinse with room temperature water.
- Wipe thoroughly and make it dry.
Nozzle hole should be absolute clean!
- Screw cylinder down. Make sure cylinder is tight.
- Insert heater, so wires are facing toward motor.
- Tight thumb screw, connect heater wires. Fit the silicon piston cap to the piston.
- (1mm at a time until piston is completely inside cylinder) Retract piston from the screen. You may need to push silicon cap in, from the sides. To help to insert piston on the cylinder. Onces piston is fitted nicely inside cylinder now it will move smoothly inside cylinder.
Be careful not to bend motor rod or piston.
Now your printer is ready to use again.
- Make sure cleaning is complete
- Printer is on
- Piston has been lowered to X position To move piston to X position, click on retract from screen or from duet.
Make ready before start / requirement
- Micro-oven (440 watt)
- On empty coffee cup
- 70 g chocolate
- 15 g pieces chocolate
- Clean and dry spoon of room temperature
- Weighing machine
Must use timer for monitoring time! 2sec more can ruin your print.
Heat coffee cup for 20 sec
- Measured cup temperature with thermometer.
- Ideal temperature at bottom of cup between 28 and 45 degree celsius.
Put 75 g of chocolate on hot cup
Heat 1st time for 30 sec chocolate
- Mix/stir it well with spoon untill it stop melting further.
Heat again for 2nd time for 30 sec
- Mix/stir with spoon until it stop melting further.
If your chocolate looks like in example, then heat again for 4rd time for 45 sec. But if it's almost about to melt completely then heat it for 30 sec only
- Mis/stir it sell with spoon untill it's complete liquid.
- Measure the chocolate temperature with thermometer.
- Temperature should measure between 39 and 49 degree celsius.
Let the mixture cool down to 37 degree celsius and meanwhile prepare the printers cylinder to be at temperature 35 degree celsius
- Stir the melted chocolate regularly for the cool down to be levelled.
- When testing the chocolate with tip of a steel spoon, it should solidify in under 30 sec (chocolate is greasy so a fingerprint is ok but not stick to the finger)
- Pour the mixture into printer cylinder.
- Start your printing process.
When you have ready food to print, follow the instruction:
- Pour your food slowly (food should be smooth)
- Close the cleaned nozzle cap.
- Rotate the cylinder anticlock wise (Make sure your cylinder is at flip position before trying to rotate it)
- Close the lever and bottom cover.
Suggested chocolate: Master Martinin AX36AA suklaa tuotenumero 106630 kuorrutussuklaa tumma palmuton 20 kg
- Food filled cylinder
- Polypropylene(PP) build plate which is food safe material (it comes with the printer)
- Slicing software ready to make gcode files from STL 3D models (Simplify3D recommended)
- Correct material profile for the slicing software (.fff file for Simplify3D; .fff contains settings for the printers & printing materials)
- Wi-fi setup ready to send or upload gcode files to 3D printer
Manu Easy 3D Printer has a self calibrating build platform.
Prints are done on plastic plates.
The machine may crash if print is started without build plate so always remember to insert it first.
Make sure to check that the plate is sufficiently clean and doesn't have any protective film or leftover prints on it.
Currently the nozzle has to be preheated before inserting filament. There is a shortcut at the printer display to heat up the nozzle to 38 degrees.
Now after food is loaded and printing bed is inserted we can send our first gcode.
Just click upload and start and navigate to the print file and send it.
There is also ready sample prints in the printer that can be started with the web user interface. Just browse to jobs tab and there should be ready samples folder.
It is recommended to check that the first layers starts well without problems.
The printer cleans nozzle in corner of plate before starting.
The first layer should look somewhat similar to the image on right.
If there is no material coming out, then recheck the loading process.
To remove the part is important to:
- Not to bend the plate too much.
- Be careful not to hurt yourself while removing.
After print is ready, bend the plate carefully and check if the part already pops out. If not, you may need to use the supplied spatula tools to peel in between the first layer and the plate.
After its removed, make sure to remove any pieces of food from the plate. Reinsert the plate and its ready to print again.