Note about 2.4 GHz networking:
- In most cases Wi-Fi routers automatically handle all devices
- But in some cases, wi-fi router may have two separate network names (SSID). In that case make sure to connect to the option without “_5G” in the name because the printer has 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi module and cannot connect to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network.
- Usually the router doesn't need any configurations after this and devices in 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz can communicate automatically in local area network.
Note about the
M587 S”XYZ” P”12345” command.
- Remember check and use capital letters if any in the SSID name
- Maximum password length: Maximum command length is 42 characters in the current display on-screen-keyboard version. If you have very long SSID name or password name, it may be necessary to shorten them.
- Wi-Fi network without password, use for example P”12345678” instead for the password.
Open the web server on your laptop through wi-fi OR remove the SD card from the printer and connect to your computer or laptop through SD card reader.
Content inside file
M291 P"password" S3
[!Password] Title Contents
M291 P"This will turn on an access point with name DuetSSID and password password Click OK to continue." S3 M552 S0 ;Turn network to idle G4 P2 M589 S"DuetSSID" P"password" I192.168.0.1 C1 ;Configure access point M552 S2 ; Enable access point M500 ; Save settings
- Download -Forget all networks (opens in a new tab)
Under Network section
; Network M552 S1 ; enable network M586 P0 S1 ; enable HTTP M586 P1 S0 ; disable FTP M586 P2 S0 ; disable Telnet
(delete above line and replace with following code.) After:
; Network ;M552 S1 ; enable network M552 S2 ;Enable access point M589 S"DuetSSID" P"password" I192.168.0.1 C1 ;Configure access point M586 P0 S1 ; enable HTTP M586 P1 S0 ; disable FTP M586 P2 S0 ; disable Telnet
Save the config-g
- Open Macros on 3D printer screen
- Click on Forget all network
- Similar as Step 3
- It should already exist under Macros, if not download and upload on Macros - 1-Show IP address (opens in a new tab)
- Your laptop or computer should be close to the 3D printer
- Find DuetSSID on your laptop or computer wi-fi list
- Download Create Access point (opens in a new tab) Replaces DuetSSID and password with desired name and Password on Here-1 (opens in a new tab)
- Change with the same name and password before copy past code. Here -2 (opens in a new tab)
- Remove the back panel by opening 4 M3 bolts with the help of an M3 screwdriver. (M3 Screw driver is provided in the tool box)
- The SD card is marked with a red arrow. Press the SD card to release it. When it releases, pull out the SD card.